Food is the ultimate need for everyone in day-to-day life. However, online food ordering can no longer be a luxury. Nowadays, people are accustomed to using food delivery apps for placing their food orders within a few minutes, which then will be delivered within an hour. The comfort and convenience is the predominant element that paved the way for a drastic shift from visiting restaurants directly to ordering food from nearby restaurants online. Another paramount reason is the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has transformed the entire nation, including the food delivery industry. Are you the one looking to establish a successful startup? Or are you seeking a perfect solution to uplift your restaurant business? Utilize an on-demand food delivery app clone solution and launch your app instantly.
Food delivery apps market stats & facts – A glimpse
The following stats and facts will inspire you to take a big step in entering the online food delivery sector.
- aliağa escort
- The global food delivery market has experienced substantial growth over the last five-six years. This market boomed, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- In the United States, the food delivery apps market’s revenue rose from $22.0 billion in 2019 to $26.5 billion in 2020.
- Furthermore, 95 million registered users preferred food delivery apps in the United States in 2019, and it tremendously increased to 111 million in 2020.
- By the end of 2021, the online food delivery sector’s net worth is predicted to reach $306,808 million.
- According to Statista, its net value will touch $449,292 million by 2025, with a growth rate of 10.01%.
If you determine to set foot into the flourishing online food delivery segment, go ahead of the curve with the food delivery app clone. In this blog, you will have a detailed understanding of the platform’s standard features and typical functionalities.
How does a food delivery app clone work?
A food delivery clone script is a prefabricated solution packed with significant features for better functionality. The feature-set added to the app will decide the app’s functionality. As everyone desires to launch an on-demand food delivery app, having unique selling points has become necessary for your business. It may be the incorporation of new features. To know which innovative and advanced features to integrate into your app, you should have a basic understanding of the food delivery app’s functionality in general and conduct proper market research. The app has three major segments, connecting the restaurants, customers, and delivery personnel. Have a brief note on the workflow of the food delivery app clone.
Customer app workflow
- The hungry users who need to avail of food delivery services should have an account in the app. For that, they have to install it on their mobile phones and proceed with the signup process. They can either register using email addresses/phone numbers or social media accounts.
- Once done with the initial process, customers can browse nearby restaurants or favorite cuisines/food items with the help of smart filters. This will ease the process of searching for different delicacies.
- After making the choice of restaurants, they can select the food items they would love to have. These will immediately be saved in the cart.
- The food items saved in the cart can be altered before making payments. That is, they have the authority to add/delete food items from the cart.
- When the app prompts the customers to choose the payment options, they have to opt for their convenient one. If their choice is cash payment, they can make it once the order is delivered. In case of choosing the online payment options, they have to pay digitally via credit card, UPI, debit card, e-wallet.
- As soon as receiving the order at their doorsteps, they can rate the delivery executives and provide feedback to the restaurants.
Restaurant app workflow
- Restaurant owners have to finish the initial onboarding process by providing the necessary details. Upon that, they can create profiles. The details that have to be specified are the restaurant address, name of the eatery, contact number, menu, opening and closing hours, and many more.
- Once done with the verification process by the admin, the restaurant name will be listed in the app. Restaurant owners have to add bank account details for safer and secure payment transactions. The app lets them add multiple bank details, whereas any one of them should be chosen as the primary account.
- They will get notified as soon as the customer confirms the order request. The specific restaurants have to prepare the order and give it to the assigned delivery person.
Delivery person app workflow
- Similar to the customer app, the delivery executives have to proceed with the registration process. After that, there will be a requirement to submit the necessary documents for verification.
- The app notifies the delivery person when getting a delivery request. They have the option to either accept or decline the requests from customers based on their availability.
- Upon acceptance, they will reach the restaurant and collect the packed order. With the help of Route Optimization, they can reach the customers’ location without delay preferring the shortest route.
Admin panel workflow
- As a business owner, you can handle the complete business operations in a single place without any hassles.
- The panel will let you manage the customers, restaurant partners, and delivery executives seamlessly.
- You will get real-time analytics reports generated in the app. Upon analyzing it, techpreneurs can make necessary improvements for the betterment of your business.
Necessary features to consider for best food delivery app development
Now, you have got an idea of how the app will function. In this section, let us see the most important features to have in the best food delivery app.
Instant registration – It is the first step that the customers would have to go through once installing the app. Make it as simple as possible, like allowing them to sign up using social media accounts. However, you can enable them to choose another way. They can use an email address/phone number for signing in.
Smart search – The process of searching can be made hassle-free with the help of filters. Through this, users can browse favorite dishes/cuisines/food items and nearby restaurants.
Diversified payment options – The convenience of multiple payment modes will empower the users to choose their preferred options.
Customer feedback – Once they receive their orders on their hands, they can share feedback to the delivery person who delivers the order.
Order tracking – After the acceptance of order requests by the restaurant owners, customers can check the order status that gets updated via push notifications. Also, they will get to know the estimated delivery time.
Manage orders – Through the app, restaurant managers can view/manage the ongoing orders, upcoming orders, and canceled orders.
Discounts/Offers – Restaurant apps will have the option to provide discounts/deals/offers to increase the number of potential customers.
Response to customers – This feature will empower the restaurant managers to instantly respond to the queries of food buffs.
Online/offline toggle – This beneficiary feature facilitates the delivery person to show their availability status.
Apart from these standard features, tweak the on-demand app solution with unique features that makes your app more user-friendly for easy navigation.
The food delivery app market is growing with the passing days. Capitalizing on this, launch the on-demand delivery app clone and reinvent the market in 2021. Why wait? Approach a trustworthy clone app development company and get your app crafted using a food delivery clone script.